Tri-County Housing has completed over 800 homeownership projects with total loans of over $10 million provided. In addition to the original Owner Occupied Rehabilitation Program, 4 additional programs have been added: Down Payment/Closing Cost Assistance Program, Self Help Rehab and the Build-it Own-it Program.
The Property Management program continues to be a vital part of Tri-County’s organization. TCHCDC owns or manages 214 affordable housing apartment units located in La Junta, Las Animas, Rocky Ford, and Salida.
TCHCDC manages the Las Animas/Bent County Housing Authority. We provide oversight for the Housing Choices Voucher Program, ensuring safe, decent, and affordable housing to those families most in need.
The Tri-County Housing organization has been a part of many diverse community development projects including the development of a one-mile walking trail and picnic area, assisted living facility, parking lots, downtown renovation projects in 5 communities, the renovation of a historic train station to create the organizations former office space, the renovation of an old movie theater into a community facility and securing funds for parks, sports fields, a library and rescue vehicles.
- Over 800 loans to families with incomes less than 80% of the area median income
- Current loan portfolio over $4.5 million
- $30 million in funding has been brought into the area, with another 7 million in leveraged funds.
- 36 new homes have been built
- Dilapidated apartment units have been renovated
- A 29 bed assisted living facility, including 16 medicaid beds has been developed.
- Downtown renovations in 5 communities have been developed
- Numerous recreational and park facilities have been completed
- 58 families have been relocated outside the flood plain area in North La Junta
- Renovations and construction of libraries, schools, railway depots, community facilities and ADA accessible projects
- Funds for fire and rescue were secured
- Numerous water and sewer projects for underserved communities have been completed
- Own and Manage a 25 unit tax credit property in Las Animas
- Own and manage a 24 unit subsidized apartment complex in La Junta that has been entirely renovated
- Manage a new apartment complex in Salida.
- Own and manage a 20 unit complex for developmentally disabled in La Junta
- Awarded the Eagle Award from Rural Housing NOW in 1992
- Received an award from HUD Secretary, Henry Cisneros, for “excellence in utilizing CDBG funds in furthering community development.
- Recognized by the State Representative, Clarice Navarro, for TCHCDC's service to the community.
- Received El Pomar's Award for Excellence in 2012.